Saturday, September 18, 2010

New Arrivals


There were two new arrivals this week.  One far more important than the other.

I'll start with the least important, but still worth mentioning, my yarn arrived from Elann.  I am very excited about knitting the free pattern that goes along with it.  I had been planning on starting the whisper cardigan after the completion of my husband's sweater, but the thought of starting another project that  involves a lot of stockinette stitch made me shiver.  Don't get me wrong, I really want to knit the cardigan, but I just needed something with slightly more difficulty for a little bit.

I am in love with the Peruvian Baby Cashmere yarn.  It is a blend of 60% baby alpaca/30% merino wool/10% Cashmere and it is oh so soft.  I just want to hold it and caress it.  I can only imagine that the coin lace stole that I am knitting with it is going to be very comfy for wrapping myself in this winter.  Being in So Cal it never really gets cold enough to wear thick knitted stoles or sweater.  I figure this yarn and stole will work wonderfully and provide a nice conversation starter as well.

The other, and far more important, arrival this week was the birth of a baby boy to some of my dearest friends.  Several posts ago, I mentioned having knit a baby blanket with a mother's love Celtic knot in it.  This is the special one for which it was knit.  It has been a long road for his parents.  Longer than many have to go through.  There is no doubt that this little man is meant to be a part of their life's journey.  He has come into this world surrounded by so much love.  I cannot wait to get the chance to meet him.

No comments: