Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Last week I posted about starting the Coin Lace Stole (you can find the pattern on the Elann site, but you need to register in order to view it).  After two eight hour car rides this past weekend, I am now to the second section of repeats.

At first, I thought that I was going to have to be looking at my knitting too much to really get much done in the car.  (The last thing I wanted was to get sick all over my beautiful knitting project.)  Turns out, it wasn't so much the need to look at my knitting that slowed me down, but the rough road.  It's very difficult to keep lacework on the needles when you are bouncing around.  That being said, I am very happy with the progress I made.

I wish I could say the same for my husband's sweater.  It was so hot in the car, even with the air conditioning on, that I just couldn't take having a large, 100% wool sweater sitting on my lap.  I was hoping that when we got home I could power through knitting the front and bottom bands, but we came home to over 100 degree temps and, once again, I couldn't stomach the idea of having that much wool on my lap.

I'm so close to being finished.  My hope now is that the temperature will continue to drop and by this weekend it will be cool enough to deal with the wool monster (as I now call it).  

Hey, I still have 26 days before the year anniversary of starting the project.

No comments: