Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lost and Found

It's been almost 10 months since we moved into our home.  In that time, we have unpacked . . . almost all our stuff.  It's amazing how everything gets shuffled around and "lost" when you move.

This week I took some extra time off work to make sure that our home was ready to receive guests for Thanksgiving.  I found our living room on the first day.  I had been worried that it wasn't big enough to hold all 13 of us, but after I put away all the laundry baskets and the accumulated stuff I discovered that it is indeed big enough. 

I decided that while I was cleaning and organizing I would unearth all my knitting supplies that were still packed away.  Don't get me wrong.  I have had all my supplies within reach since the moment we moved in.  It's just that they have been in bins and boxes and not really labeled and I have added to my needles and stash in that time and most of it wasn't cataloged. 

So yesterday I got out all my boxes and project bags and started rummaging through them.  I found all my needles and made sure they were all listed on my Ravelry chart.  Now, they are sitting artfully on the end table next to my knitting spot in the rediscovered living room. 

I also found many of my hibernating projects.  I have a really bad habit of starting small projects and then leaving them on the needles never to be finished.  I have now organized all of these small projects into a magazine rack that also, conveniently enough, sits next to the knitting spot.

I say this not to imply that any of these small projects will be finished anytime soon, more like they will sit there and mock my lack of progress.  But at least now I can see exactly what I have been ignoring.

There is one more thing that I had lost that has been found . . .my knitting motivation.  Party this is due to the turning of the weather, but I owe a finders fee to attempting NaKniSweMo.  I may not make the 50k stitch count by next week, but the fact that I have been knitting everyday has really reminded me why I love this craft so much.  But I'll save that for another post.

No comments: