Sunday, November 14, 2010

NaKniSweMo Almost Half Way

Nov 14th, almost half way through the month and I should be almost half way through my 50k stitch count in order to be on track for NaKniSweMo. . .Am I?  No.

In fact, I am only almost half way to the half way point.  Sick children, an injured back, birthday weekend and hectic work days have kept me from spending as much time knitting as I would have liked. Yesterday was the first day this month that I was able to spend a significant amount of time knitting.  I did finally manage to get to the armhole shaping on the back of the coat and things are moving along a a good pace now.  The pattern changes every two rows, but I've become familiar enough with the changes in the pattern that I don't need to look at it as often as in the beginning and that has helped me pick up the pace.

Aside from some random chores, that shouldn't take too much time, I have a large portion of my day today open to knit.  If I can finish the back piece and get started on one of the front pieces I will deem myself back on track. 

Considering I have the entire week of Thanksgiving off from work, I should still be able to hit the 50k stitch mark by the end of the month.  It may mean that my house isn't as neat and tidy as I would like when my Thanksgiving guests arrive, but hey, I can just pull out the unfinished sweater that took up my time and I'm sure they will understand.  Right?

1 comment:

Shameka said...

I just got linked to your blog post through twitter. I'm @TriniKandy. If I were your thanksgiving guest, I would totally understand about the housecleaning bit. I would even go so far as to help with thanksgiving dinner so you could get some knitting time in. I admire your determination, and would like to cheer you on. You can do it! Your progress looks beautiful.