Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rainy Day Knitting

I love knitting when it is raining outside.  It just seems so comforting to be snuggled on the couch with a cup of hot tea and a pile of knitting.  Most of the time I end up with a cat, or possibly the dog, sitting on the couch behind me.

Today was just such a day . . .or at least it started out that way.

It rained pretty good until a little after noon and then the sun came out.  To counteract this change in weather, I simply closed the blinds and pretended that the rain was still coming down.  I have a lot of knitting left to do on my windowpane coat for NaKniSweMo.   I'm very far behind, but I am not giving up.

I've finished the back and the left front pieces and I've now started the right front.  In total, I've only knit about 19,500 stitches.  I really thought I would have a higher stitch count at this point.  Maybe that is more due to the stiffness in my wrists than to the size of the garment.  It makes it feel like I have knit much more than I have.  I'm still getting used to what it feels like to knit with Rheumatoid Arthritis.  Alas, it means I have to knit slower and take more breaks than before.  Still it feels good to be knitting as frequently as I have been this month.

Tomorrow my breaks from knitting will be consumed by various cleaning chores in prep for Thanksgiving.  This will be the first Thanksgiving in our new house.  I am looking forward to celebrating with my extended family.

I know one thing I'll be giving thanks for that day . . .rainy day knitting.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I do not think I savor a time more than when my daughter is down for a nap, it's gray outside and I can sit in the corner of the couch with yarn and needles. It's priceless.