Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where is the year going?

It has been almost a month since I have posted anything to this blog.  What a crazy few weeks it has been.

Things got really nutty at work; it was like several perfect storms colliding with each other.  Home was just plain busy with a little bit of really sick.  That always makes for fun times.

Even amidst the craziness, I was able to start and finish my first project of 2011.  I made a Drop Stitch Scarf by Christine Vogel (ravelry link) out of Mini-Mochi yarn.


I love the color transitions in this yarn.  They aren't all uniform and have a more organic feel to them.  The color coupled with the feel of the yarn (it's a nylon/wool blend) make it ideal for this pattern.  The pattern shows off the colors of the yarn and the yarn shows of the stitches in the pattern.  Isn't it so nice when it works out that way.

I also enjoyed the simplicity of the pattern.  All garter stitch and yarn overs, yet it looks like so much more.  It never ceases to amaze me that the simplest of patterns can draw so many oooos and aaaahs.  I love being able to say, "Yes, I made this."

It had been a long time since I knit something just for me.  In fact, I had to look back through my Ravelry projects to see when the last time was.  It was almost 2 years ago, February 2009, and it was another scarf.

I think it's time that I finish my windowpane coat that I started in November.  If I can get this finished in short order then I will  consider it a really good start to the Year of No New Yarn (or YONNY).

No comments: