Monday, March 4, 2013

Two Year Break

Well, my year of no new yarn turned in to two years of no new blog post. (insert an emoticon of your choice).  This does not translate into two years of nothingness, although I didn't get much knitting done in that time.

A year and a half ago I decided to put my social life on hold and go back to school to get my MBA.  Today, I am officially done.  Yes, with two kids and a high pressure job I decided I didn't have enough on my plate and added school.  Don't ask me how I did it, I really don't know.  I just put my head down and pushed through it.  I do know that I could not have done it without the support of my family and friends, and I am eternally grateful to them.

So, now what?  I have spent every day for the last 18 months (minus a couple weeks during the holidays each year) logging hours of researching and writing.  I'm not sure I know how not to write on a daily basis. 

Maybe that is a good thing.

I know that some of my time will go to knitting again. I can't wait to sit, knit, and not feel guilty that I should be working on a paper.  ( I put a comma after knit because I am so accustom to academic writing it does not feel natural anymore to remove it.)  Reading for pleasure is certainly a must do.  I'm half of the way through A Storm of Swords and have been for over a year.  Getting out of the house on the weekends with the family is time I will treasure. (I've only seen 4 movies in the last two years.)

But I will miss the writing. 

Not the dry, academic part (although I'm sort of a nerd that likes that stuff), but the act of writing. The sound of the keyboard as my fingers put words to page, and the feeling of searching for just the right word, the one with the right flavor.  I guess that's why I'm writing this post.  Does it mean I'm going to start blogging on a regular basis . . . maybe.

I guess I'll just have to see what the world puts in front of me next, and what inspiration I take from it.

No comments: