Saturday, July 27, 2013

Knitting vs. Husband

The kids are gone for the weekend.  The house is quite.  It's overcast.  It feels like a lazy day.

My dog's version of a lazy day!

The husband and I talked about going out and doing something fun, and yet all I can think about is sitting and knitting.  It's not that I don't want to go out and have fun, I just feel the call of my projects sitting downstairs waiting for me.

Normally, I would just take a project with me, but there are a couple of reasons that doesn't work right now:

  1. The point of the husband and I going out without the kids is to spend time together, and generally I bring knitting along to have something to keep me amused/occupied while waiting in lines or watching the kids run around wildly.
  2. I don't really have any knitting projects on needles that don't require repeated attention to a pattern.  When I travel knit, I like the pattern to be one I have completely memorized.
Of course, it's early enough that I might be able to get in just enough knitting time before we go out to satisfy me until we get home. 

Sounds like a good plan!

No comments: