Sunday, July 27, 2014

Picking Up Where I Left Off

I think I have mentioned before that I have a horrible habit of not finishing projects.  For one reason or another, I get part way (or sometimes almost all the way) through a project and then just don't finish.  Case in point, my Seascape Stole.

I started that project a little over a year ago and it is only slight further along in the pattern than shown in that post.  I wasn't using the charted version of the pattern and it has many stitch types in each row that have to be repeated so I got frustrated with exactly how much concentration it was taking and stopped.  I found it in its project bag (really just the shopping bag I bought the yarn in) and decided that I needed to finish it.

Well, something changed since I last worked on this project.  It doesn't seem to take as much concentration.  I did just complete two other shawls (I know, I actually completed projects!), so maybe my brain is just in the mode of remembering repeating stitch patterns.  I don't know, and I'm not going to fight it.  I'm going to go with the flow and see how fast I can get this done.

Once I get this done, I'm going to finally piece together the sweater I knit in 2010 for NaKniSweMo!  I've been on the search for the perfect buttons for this project and finally just realized I should make the buttons myself.  I have all the tools and supplies to do, don't know why I never thought of it before.

After that has been completed, I need to go back and frog a coin lace shawl I also started in 2010. (Wow, 2010 was a good year for starting and not finishing projects).  I stopped because I had made so many mistakes in the lace (that I didn't discover them until it was well past the fixin' stage), and I knew I would never wear it.  Now that I have more experience with shawls and lace, I think this should be an easy project to complete.  I love the yarn I was using and the pattern.  Which is good, because if I didn't like them it would be silly to pick up the project again.

I'm sure in between finishing these projects I will start others.  I have a lot of yarn purchased over the last year (mostly from my favorite store) that is just calling at me from my stash.

No comments: