Saturday, August 23, 2014

Busy Week

As much as I love to knit, there are some weeks where I just don't have it in me.  This past week was one of those weeks.

I've been in Texas at a conference for work.  There are many conferences where I know I could get in some knitting time, but the Tessitura conference is definitely not one of them.  Not only am I almost constantly taking notes, giving presentations, eating and shaking hands, but additionally by the time I make it back to my room . . . I'm so exhausted I know I would make numerous mistakes (even if I was knitting garter stitch).

The conference is now done and (as I write this) I am waiting to travel back home to my loved ones, which includes my yarn.  Now that the chaos of the week is over, I am craving some knitting time.  Knitting is my zen and I could use a little of that right now.  My brain is still swimming with all the information gathered this past week.

That's why I love this conference.  In one week, I get enough ideas to last me the next year.  I absorb the mana and I am powered up and ready to go. (Yes, I know my geek is showing.)

In case you think the conference is all work and no play, these pictures should prove otherwise.


Every year the attendees, vendors and staff of Tessitura get together a band to rock the house on the final night of the conference. 

These talented folks (is it any surprise that artistic people work for arts based companies), create lyrics based on Tessitura related material and sing them to the tunes of well known songs.  For many, this concert is the most highly anticipated part of the conference.  I was at the first conference where the Tessiturians (yes, that is the name of the band) performed, and I have enjoyed watching the group morph and grow over the years.  I always look forward to hearing what new pieces they will come up with and how many new instruments will get added to the mix.  After almost a week of intensive brain-drain, the concert is the best way to blow off a little steam.

Next year, the conference is in Orlando (I can't even type that word without hear Elder Price in my head. Thanks, Book of Mormon!).  The band gets to play on the stage at the Hard Rock Cafe.  It should be epic!

So, for another year I have put TLCC to rest.  Now, I need to get some rest and go do some zen knitting.


No comments: