Monday, September 1, 2014

Weekend fun

Such a lovely 3-day weekend (and I still have the rest of today to go).

Friday night we got around to watching Divergent.  Aside from the fact that the main character, Tris, was sort of whiny and a bit slow to grasp her situation, I enjoyed the movie.  I'm sure we will watch the subsequent films, but probably not in the theater.  It didn't grab any of us the way that The Hunger Games did.

Saturday, I spent some time with my friends who own Yarnover Truck ,the mobile specialty yarn store.  Of course, I couldn't visit without buying yarn. Seriously, they were having a sale, so how could I pass up some yummy discounted yarn.  I'm trying to branch out in color choice and do some decidedly "not me" color combos.

I think these two colors will good together in a stripey wrap of some sort.  I have found a couple of patterns that I am considering, but haven't arrived at a decision yet.  With all the other backlog of projects and yarn I have in stash, it will probably be a while before I get to these anyway.

Most of Sunday was spent prepping for my fantasy football draft.  I have been in the same league for 10 years.  It's a great group of guys, all of whom hate that they keep getting beat by a girl.  While some of my fellow coaches have never made it to the playoffs, I have won the league championship twice (including last year) and made the play offs almost every year.  I'm pretty happy with the team I drafted last night.  Although, I don't put much weight on what is actually drafted (outside the top tier players), because it's really what you do throughout the season with player moves that makes the difference.  I'm so excited for the season to start.  I love knitting and watching football.

I also started a new project on Sunday, the Starshower cowl pattern using Anzula Nebula in the Keola colorway.  This is not the best picture of the yarn, but, if you look really closely, you can see the sparkles in the yarn.  With the start of this project, I have 3 on needles and 2 that need blocking.

I also finished two audiobooks on Sunday, The Magicians by Lev Grossman and Dead Air by James Goss. I found a love of audiobooks when I was getting my MBA.  As you can imagine, I didn't have much time for pleasure reading during that time and I missed it immensely.  I took to listening to books on my (semi) short drive to work.  Since completing my MBA, I have continued to listen to books (as well as read them).  This way I can read and knit at the same time.

Today, my plan is to sit on the couch and 1) play Lego Hobbit on the XBox 2) knit while watching my husband play 3) knit while watching TV and 4) knit while listening to a new audiobook. Oh yeah, and get some laundry done.

I hope everyone is having as pleasant a weekend as I am.

No comments: